Organic Airbrush Tanning
Organic Airbrush Tanning
The safe solution for a beautiful looking tan.
Organic. Paraben-free. Cruelty-free: PETA Approved. Fragrance-free. 100% Naturally-Derived Ingredients. NO Erythrulose. NO Artificial Colorings or Additives. NO Petrochemicals.
Single Tan $40
New Client Special
Single Tan $35
What is airbrush tanning?
Airbrush tanning is the latest beauty service to hit the tanning industry. An airbrush artist uses a high tech spray gun to apply a tanning solution to the client’s skin. The spray gun is attached to an air compressor and the solution is applied in the same form as if one were spray painting.
Is airbrush tanning safe?
Yes, sunless tanning is a safe and a proven method of obtaining a tan. As with any personal product, sensitivity can occur, but is rare. If an individual has ever had any adverse effects utilizing self-tanning products or moisturizers, they might experience similar effects with airbrush tanning. The active ingredient DHA is derived from sugar beets and has been FDA approved for topical application and used for tanning creams since the 1960′s. DHA has also been used in food and cosmetics for decades. When DHA comes in contact with the amino acids of the skin, it creates a natural chemical reaction that causes the skin to appear tanned.
Does airbrush tanning protect me from the sun?
NO, airbrush tanning DOES NOT protect you from the sun. We recommended that a sunscreen be used at any time you go out into the sun.
How long does airbrush tanning last?
Depending on the skin type, a tan will last 8 to 12 days. Keeping your skin hydrated will prolong your sunless tan. Like a suntan, the sunless tan will fade gradually as your skin exfoliates.
How often can I airbrush tan?
Tanning can be performed every 3 to 7 days if desired. Airbrush tanning back to back on the same day, is not advised, as it does not give the DHA time to set between tans.
How long does it take for an airbrush tanning session?
Full body sessions take less than 5 minutes to apply. The solution dries in seconds.
Will airbrush tanning work on fair-skinned people?
Yes, we have different color levels for different skin tones and can accommodate every individual.
Do I have to take off all of my clothes for the application?
No, this is an individual choice. You may wear a bathing suit, undergarments, or be naked; it’s entirely up to you. Male clients must wear some form of undergarment.
How do I prepare for my Lash and Sugar Co. airbrush tan session?
- Shower and exfoliate (we recommend Lash and Sugar Co. 100% natural exfoliating scrub) prior to your session. Since the chemical process affects only the top layer of skin, as your skin sloughs off, your tan can go with it. Your skin must be smooth, clean and dry to get a smooth, clean tan. No lotions prior to tanning.
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing and flip-flop shoes after your airbrush tan session. Tight or rough clothes, such as jeans, will rub on your skin and reduce the effect of your tan. The tanning solution may stain silk, wool and synthetic fabrics, so these should not be worn in the first 12 hours after the airbrush tan session.
How do I maximize my airbrush tan?
- Limit physical activity for 8-12 hours following your tanning session.
- Do not shower or get wet for at least 8-12 hours after tanning. DHA continues to react with the amino acids of your skin for up to 12 hours.
- Use a moisturizer on your skin morning and night between airbrush tans. The time of year will affect your skin, and therefore, your tan. Keep moisturized.
- Long hot baths or long showers are great for pre-tan exfoliation, but can cause a tan to fade prematurely. Only use a soft cloth for washing when you are tanned.
- Pat dry after showering or bathing. DO NOT RUB.
- Use a sharp, clean razor with a lubricating product, when shaving. Hair conditioner works well. (Avoid hair removal products … Nair, Neet, wax, etc.)
- Avoid harsh soaps such as deodorant bar soap.
- Anti-acne products (including Retin-A type products) and makeup removal products may cause tan to fade.
- Avoid exfoliating scrubs, facial masks, and toners containing alcohol.
- Swimming in a chlorinated pool or hot tub can cause tan to fade prematurely. The application of thick waterproof sun block, prior to swimming, will help reduce fading.